27 May 2009

outer space





This is a photo
of what
isn't
there...




Picture an 8-foot tall by 10-foot long horse trailer here.
Just sitting there, seldom used, in case of an emergency.
I never thought anything of it, it was just there.
Someone decided to put it there.
I never thought about what it was blocking.
I never thought about the effect it had on me.
Until it was gone.
By chance, it needed to be moved temporarily recently.
The barn is just behind, so it is a place I spend a good part of my day.
I found myself feeling better in this space.
I could breathe better, I literally felt as if a weight had been lifted.
I am working to find a new home for it.
Made me wonder what other 'trailers' might be ready to be moved.


2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

it's so interesting that you didn't notice the effect until it was temporarily missing! there's just something about being able to see far into the distance, isn't there. I have been finding that on clear days, I can see Mount Hood from the road that leads to my apartment. I don't know how I missed this until now - I've been driving that road about daily for 3 years - but it is so wonderful how the sight of it fills me with gratitude and happiness. I hope you find another place for the trailer, so you can continue to enjoy the space.

mella said...

Thanks for sharing this, Elizabeth. Many more 'clear days' of being filled with gratitude and happiness to you! I am enjoying the similarities...