17 May 2009

...that's how the light gets in






One year ago today, my love and I got to see Leonard Cohen at the Confederation Center in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. A great story in and of itself how he managed to get us tickets... I don't go to a lot of concerts anymore because I've gotten very selective, but this experience blew my mind.....

It's also been about one year of some intense participation in the 'healing game' for me. For many years now I have been on a path of becoming friends (or at least friendly) with my body, which has led me to some fascinating places. But it all started with a curiosity about whether my relationship with my body was creating some sort of disconnect in my approach to my life overall. I've placed much importance on understanding the connection and inter-connectedness of body, spirit, and creativity, and have understood on an intellectual level how they all have an effect on each other, but my awareness has been increased when I began considering all of this along with the idea that...


Energy Follows Thought

And it's not always conscious thought, in fact, I believe it's often unconscious thought, or what we learn as children (whether intentionally taught or unintentionally learned, this is not a parent-bashing session). Bringing one's thoughts to consciousness can be a difficult process, because let's face it, our thoughts, wherever they come from, are not all of sunshine and roses. But then I started recognizing that I am not those thoughts, unless I choose to identify with them. I am speaking of the types of thoughts based in self-doubt and self-judgment, anything blocking my creative expression of who I am. So why go through it?? I have asked myself that many times, and at one point I realized it was simply to be able to be present with joy. By following and identifying with thoughts of authenticity rather than the other stuff.

You are not responsible for your disease
but you are responsible to the disease


When a progressive chiropractor/nutritionist/intuitive healing-type person I consult with said this to me, it brought me out of the darkness I was in at the time, trying to figure out what I had done 'wrong' to create this dis-ease in my second chakra (dwelling place of the self). Then on the journey of handling it, I encountered this statement...


What is not life threatening... is life OFFERING

And,
Look back only long enough to see how far you've come


We all have power statements, touchstones, things that we connect to that help us make sense of what life brings and to find some inner peace. What are yours?


Indeed, there is a crack in everything...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgYlqKxV54Q&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIFDXHw0eaY&feature=related

3 comments:

..Henry Porter........ said...

.....hey mella......nice picture.....lucky guy.........L.C. is one talented and humble gentleman...........
..thanks for your 'light'
..... some of my mantras, touchstones,......."to thine own self be true"..........hitting my knees and giving thanks........silence........
and of course " music is the healing force of the world.."

..so could you..... turn it up

Elizabeth Halt said...

I have spent so many years disliking my body and struggling with it and ignoring it that it is quite the shift to learn to love it and listen to it, and to see that it is communicating with me - if I only listen. I have been reading "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom" and now I am grateful that I started on this journey before it had to start yelling at me.

At the moment, my mantra is "I am worthy." :)

mella said...

thanks to you both for sharing your mantras, very touching...

and I agree that Christiane Northrup is fabulous with much wisdom to share!