09 January 2010

the wall of...

I climbed a rock wall like this one
a first
something on my to try someday list
it was not a high or difficult wall
by any climbers standards
but gave me enough of a challenge
and heightened perspective
so that as I was up there I had to pause
and ask myself
how did I get here?
each self-defeating
and self-supporting
thought that arose in the
process of strategizing and stretching
trusting and letting go
reaching higher and resting
knowing when it was enough
for me
for now
the greatest insights
came after
when I was more connected to my true self
upon reflection
getting out of my own way so to speak
embracing this physical challenge
was a fitting reminder
another glimpse
into how healing
time out of mind
is.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

so true.

i experienced an evening this past week where my mind was absolutely silent. it was amazing. though i imagined that i looked rather funny at dinner because i was just looking around happily and cluelessly, it was so strange and new to have absolutely no thoughts in my head.

mella said...

emptiness... a highly desired state of mind... how cool, elizabeth! and so great that you were aware of it :)