15 August 2012

lionheart

Bouquets


One flower at a time, please
however small the face.
Two flowers are one flower
too many, a distraction.
Three flowers in a vase begin
to be a little noisy.
Like cocktail conversation,
everybody talking.
A crowd of flowers is a crowd
of flatterers (forgive me).
One flower at a time.
I want to hear what it is saying.

-robert francis



I was made this one-at-a-time way.

I am also part of my beautiful mama's garden.


Emotional overwhelm is something I am prone to.
At a younger age (and still to a lesser extent)
it was overwhelm from the feelings themselves.
I feel deeply and a lot.
As I age into my fourth decade,
'what to do' about intense feelings can overwhelm me.

Clearly, nothing needs to be done about the feelings themselves. They are what they are, indicators of what is going on under the surface, and a tremendous source of wisdom.

Engaging the courage to feel with the willingness to act is true assertiveness.

Lionheart ~ Kim McElroy


I was blessed to be at this
Live performance at the Hollywood Bowl in 2008.
It was also Overwhelming...


No comments: