25 June 2009

From C to shining C



A spin on Circles and Commitment
that is
Centering
for me during a time of transitioning into what's next in my external world,
which reminds me that the only 'what's next' worthy of my attention in my internal world is my next breath... of which I am grateful to receive.




I live my life in widening circles
that reach out across the world.
I may not complete this last one
but I give myself to it.
 
I circle around God, around the primordial tower.
I've been circling for thousands of years
and I still don't know: am I a falcon,
a storm, or a great song?
 
Ranier Maria Rilke ~


The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love.
The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation.
To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.

~ Anne Morriss ~

2 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

i love the Anne Moriss quote!

Unknown said...

commitment is liberating - I just learned that. 'twas interesting to note. :)

love how a simple breath can be so grounding and centering and life-giving.